Wednesday 25 April 2012

Depression awareness week #2

So I decided that with it being Depression Awareness Week, for the first time I'd share one of my poems which I wrote whilst I was in the grips of depression. At the time I felt as though I was trapped in this web of darkness and pain, I thought I'd never find a way out, that there was nothing left. If you're reading this now and are in the grips of depression, please know that it DOES get better, I've been where you are, desperate, hopeless, lonely, and now I'm finally seeing the light, and you will too - there is hope, there is a light at the end of this long dark tunnel, just keep fighting and it will be worth it.


DARKNESS.

From the moment I wake up
to the moment I fall asleep,
this darkness surrounds me
fills my heart and engulfs my mind.
 If you close your eyes or stand in a dark room you will see darkness,
but for me it is is a constant darkness.
A lingering darkness that follows me around everywhere I go.
I cant seem to escape this darkness, no matter what I do,
it hovers and surrounds me,
makes me feel so alone,
so afraid and so hopeless,
this darkness called depression,
it wont leave me alone.


And so I'll leave you with one of my favourite quotes;
"Sometimes in life we need to hit that all time rock bottom in order to appreciate how good it feels to be right at the top"

Hang on in there, because life is such a beautiful thing.
YOU are wanted & needed in this world, yes YOU.


Love,
Rachael xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You